Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Braces?

Whenever I see people with braces, I'm always initially thinking, "Oh wow! Those don't look that great," but I try my best to suppress that initial thought. I always try to think, "They're trying to improve their lifestyle by straightening out their teeth and getting a head start on it at a young age is good!" A question always pops into my head though; "Who's paying for those braces?" The parents are probably paying for them but that can not always be the case.

My teeth have always been crooked and I've lived 21 years of my life without them. I thought maybe I would get my braces while I am still in school so that when I am out of school, I can look more presentable with hopefully straight teeth. I haven't read much about the benefits of straight teeth but the cosmetic effect would be nice. I'm sure people have received these benefits earlier in there lives. I should ask them.

Another question that bothers me is whether braces are a luxury or a necessity. What are the benefits of having straight teeth? It looks better that's for sure, but are there any practical benefits to it? Being able to chew better? Healthier teeth in general? It's something to google, but I won't, because I can.

Soon I will go to an orthodontist and get it checked out. I haven't made an appointment, but I will eventually, I think. Whenever I find this time to just drop by and get a little more information about what the qualifications, costs, and other necessities are, I will greatly consider it. I have no idea when I will bring myself to actually do it.

1 comment:

  1. I had braces for two years as a young kid and am glad that I had them on. My teeth are very straight right now because of them and It worked perfectly for me working in the movie business. It is alot of pain though, specially when they tighten them up every month or so. But I believe it worth the pain.

    ReplyDelete